Collection 242 comprises 34% perpetual reserve, 10% oak-aged reserve wine from the 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 vintages—this combined 44% is where the real revolution is taking place—and 56% from the 2017 vintage, especially Chardonnay, the most successful variety in that testing year, plus Pinot Noir and Meunier from the Vallée de la Marne in particular. Fine, elegantly restrained, fresh color, lemon-tinted pale gold, as if the complexity of the perpetual reserve is already beginning to work its magic in the hidden interior of the wine. The bubbles are gently a little shy to the eye at first but make a firm, dynamic impact on the tongue. The repertoire of citrus aromas wafts up in its own time, with a hint of spring snowdrops, then quite an assertive flavor of lemon confit on the palate, with an intriguing and benign amer (bitter) finish.
Serve at 8-10 °C with seafood, white meat dishes, mature cheeses with white mould.
Robert Parker "Roederer's Brut Premier was created in the 1980s to prove to consumers that we could deliver consistent quality with a blend that compensated for less than perfectly ripe vintages," explains Jean-Baptiste Lecaillon. "We were blending in pursuit of maturity, of ripeness. The concept behind the Brut Collection is the opposite: we're looking for freshness—and we are embracing singularity, something we're emphasizing by enumerating each year's blend." This project has been in the making since 2012, when Lecaillon set aside 21,000 liters of wine to constitute a perpetual reserve aged in large tanks without malolactic fermentation. Sourcing has evolved too: less must is coming from cooperatives, and only vineyards cultivated without the use of herbicides inform the blend. A dedicated team oversees all this, visiting every grower three times per year. And vinification is parcel by parcel to deliver a maximum of blending components. Iteration 242 is based on the 2017 vintage (56%), supplemented by 34% reserve wines from the perpetual reserve established in 2012 and 10% foudre-aged reserve wines. Įvertinimas: 93+
James Suckling Aromas of cooked apple, bread dough and lemon tart follow through to a full body with round, delicious fruit and a rich, flavorful finish. Yet, it remains tight and fine with lovely, compressed bubbles. New energy and freshness. Medium-to full-bodied with layers of fruit and vivid intensity. 42% chardonnay, 36% pinot noir and 22% pinot meunier. 8 grams dosage. Four years on the less. A new-format non-vintage that designates the year of the 242nd harvest, 2017, plus reserve wine of 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Drink or hold. Įvertinimas: 94
The Champagne house Louis Roederer is associated with the legendary Cristal prestige cuvee, created in 1876 especially for Tsar Alexander II of Russia. But even without this Champagne, Louis Roederer has an impeccable reputation. To this day, the company remains in the hands of the family and is run by the seventh generation of Frederic Rouzaud, grandson of Camille Roederer, one of the most famous women of Champagne. Today, Louis Roederer produces two thirds of its Champagnes exclusively from grapes grown in its own vineyards. With 240 hectares of vineyards, most of which are in grand cru areas, even their basic Louis Roederer Brut Premier Champagne has an aristocratic elegance. Even in bad years, the Champagnes of the vintage year are surprisingly stylish, complex and long-lasting.All products by this producer
Apgailestaujame, tačiau svetainę gali lankyti tik asmenys sulaukę 20 metų.
Ar jums yra 20 metų?
Jau galite prisijungti prie savo asmeninės paskyros